cleft palate?

i had my 20 week visit yesterday. everything went well and we found out we're having a little boy!! i didn't really look closely at the sono pictures until we got home..but now i'm really concerned. i was taking lorazepam until i found out i was pregnant, and my little boy looks like he might have a cleft in his 4d ultrasound! they didn't say anything and i'm hoping i'm worrying about nothing..but i'm thinking about calling the doctor today and asking about it. do you think the doctor will be able to tell from the pictures we already have? i'm so worried. i feel like it's all my fault.

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 8:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It might LOOK like a cleft...i got a 3D ultrasound at 31 weeks and it looks like my girl has a cleft, but its only because thats how the 3D 4D ultrasounds come out...they said my baby is just fine. Your prolly seeing the goop around the baby causing the baby to look like that..ALSO...they took a picture of your baby from the side and the ultrasound figured in what the other side of the face should look like...so...theyre kinda misleading yet at the same time an awesome thing to have done :D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Even if he does they are so easy to fox now, it's not your fault.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• They would be able to tell in a 4 d. You have to remember there is still shadows and weird angles that can cause things to look wrong. Its an ultra sound and its not 100% quality in the picture department. Most of the times the techs who do them are just that unless it was a doctor doing it who has the right to point out any abnormality. Good luck and if your worried speak to your doctor.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• fix*
    Anonymous

• If they didnt say anything, why worry.

Unless you are a trained sonographer then your eye is seeing things that very well may not be anything at all.

I know when I look at them I have a tough time making out anything at all. LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2009