Candidate Obama vs. President Obama

Are you happy that Obama wants to keep and intends to use the Patriot Act?
http://my.auburnjournal.com/detail/111477.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL.... His words seem to have changed since his campaign days. Since a lot of people counted on him to repeal the Patriot Act, (and voted for him because of it) I find this interesting. I am all for the Patriot Act. But I am not for this immuity to litigation. Obama Admin. is basically stating that the Government should have ABSOLUTE POWER.. I don't agree with that.

As the article states: "This isn't change we can believe in. This is change for the worse. "

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• IDK, is this against what he campaigned for? The Patriot Act doesn't really bother me much, but to be honest, it didn't really bother me before he was even campaigning. If he ran on the notion that he wanted to do away with the PA, then I could see where his supporters would be upset about that. That is, if this was an important thing for them.

To be honest, I am not at all surprised that he intends to use it. I think there are a lot of things that he learned after being briefed that made him think about keeping many of the policies that Bush had.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• This just goes to prove some people will do and say anything to get into office.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OMG, how funny. no liberal comments. Dare they be upset with their precious chosen one?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Is anyone really surprised? Remember Clinton? He was gonna give us Universal Health Care and Gays would be allowed in the military. Instead we got "don't ask, don't tell" and people are still waiting for their health care.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am disappointed with Obama's support of the PA. I don't understand why we can't protect and defend ourselves w/i the Constitution.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I personally don't care if someone wants to listen to me discuss my daughters poop habits and tapas for the next party I'm catering. I don't even gossip, so there isn't a lot there to be interesting! Of course, I do complain about politicians A LOT, so maybe that's of interest to the state.

However, he promised his supporters he wouldn't do this. I think he got his mind changed after he got exposed to some actual intel, and not just media hype.

If I had voted for him, I'd be heated.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It didn't matter who we picked.. Things will continue to go as planned. The fact that people still remain divided by party amuses me.
    Anonymous

• I will actually have to agree with Anon;45...

Party lines cause so much anger and hostility...

But there will always be people on all sides who are more content with turmoil than peace.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009