lmp & conception date confusion

I told the dr. when my LMP was and they said i measured a little farther along and I was given a due date thats 9 days before what it should have been with my LMP. I measured 12w4d. does that mean i concieved 12w4d ago? or 1ow4d ago???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 12w and 4 days. Your ovulation can happy at any time. Average is 14 days after your lmp but it can happen earlier than that.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• so i thought a due date was always counted as 266 days from conception? or is it 40 days?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• *280 days. sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• im sorry but why keep asking this question ive seen it like 4 times now . ultra sound wll be more accurate then your last period . they measure the baby so that is it . stop askling !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• In my experience, they count from the first day of your last period to determine your weeks. So if you measure as 12 weeks 4 days, it was that long since your LMP. Make sense? Due date are estimates, along with dates of conception. The average for ovulation is 14 days after your period starts, but if you don't have a regular 28 day cycle, you won't ovulate at the point. Generally speaking, your ovulation occurs midway between first day and the next start day next cycle. If your cycles are only 20 days, then you could ovulate a full 4 days sooner than average. And ultrasounds are not exactly on the money either. Every child grows differently, therefore not every child has the same measurements or even the same physical development at any given point. The whole thing is really guess work. I recommend going by the ultrasound due date as they tend to be a bit more accurate, but the baby probably won't come then anyway! Congrats!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I had a period January 8th and based on my first ultra sound, I was furhter along than I thought. The baby messured 9 weeks 2 days and at the time, had me conceiving on January 1st, which would make since. The doctor told me that an ultra sound was accurate early on as babies grow at the same rate in the begining. So..I'm sticking to the ultra sound date, my period on the 8th was implantaion bleeding from what I have been told.
    octobermommy75

Answer by octobermommy75 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009