My son was sleeping through the night since he was 2 months old and then ever since my son's 4 months shots he has not been sleeping thorough the night did anyone else have this problem?

BOYSMOM69

Asked by BOYSMOM69 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be a number of things, teething or a growth spurt. How long ago did he get the shots? his legs may be sore still. Have you tried giving him tylenol or motrin?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Sounds like a growth spurt to me, but like pp said, could be lots of things. If he's reacting to the shots, he'd probably have a fever so you can rule that out easy enough. My daughter only woke up once in the night, then right around 4 months started waking every 2 hours. She had a bit of a cold, but I think it was mostly a growth spurt. So I fed her when she woke up, then gradually got her to go back to sleep without nursing, one feeding at a time. Unfortunately the "sleeping through" milestone comes and goes, especially when it's this early.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• prob not related to shots.My son did same thing. Maybe what started as growth spurt turned n2 habit. You shouldn't give motrin 2 4 mo old.He's prob def teething he should get front teeth in month or 2. gums swell at night and could give him a tummy ache.
    stircrazy1

Answer by stircrazy1 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree with stircrazy my son did the same thing . Babies all react diffrently. IF you think it is related to the shots ask your pediatrician.
    etetreault

Answer by etetreault at 10:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My son slept through the night until he was 16 weeks... after that, never. He's 9 months now and gets up 1-2 times still.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2009