The TEA parties going on today

Has anyone heard of this? I have heard very little, but it does have my interest piqued. Anyone have any details to how far they are taking this around the country. I know there are 3 going on in my city alone.

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 9:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You can go to http://taxdayteaparty.com/ and click on any state to find out where all the tea parties are. I can't go because I'm helping my husband answer phones at work (he's a CPA), but I hope the tea parties get their message across loud and clear! :  ) It's supposed to be a peaceful protest, but those that are trying to smear the tea party campaigns may get nasty...who knows.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There is going to be a huge turn out! Im really exciting, and wish I could go.. I hope that it remains peaceful and the anti-tea goers dont start crap like they usually do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• its really exciting*
    Anonymous

• we live in south florida & my mom has info on some locations here. I don't know much about it but she seems pretty adament about going. we discussed dressing up like they did in the boston tea party & DH found that interesting lol. I think wherever there is water they are doing it bc I asked my mom where it was & she she said 'anywhere there is water'
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 9:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• They had one in my town yesterday. Four people showed up. So sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Well dur- they did it on the wrong day anon. hahahaha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There are 8 going on in the greater Houston area; I've been hearing about them for weeks. They're not getting much coverage nationally though. The only place I've seen anyone talking about it is Fox & Friends
    22hockeymom22

Answer by 22hockeymom22 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• They are taking place in a lot of areas, not just by water. I know that there is one going on in Madison, WI and we are not near any large areas of water.
    There is also one in the park across from the white house.
    They are in response to the tax increases and the budget. People were encouraged to either mail a teabag to the White House, or to their representatives.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Near water? The ne I was thinking of going to isnt anywhere near water...lol, but our state representative is going to be there. It is at a park a few miles from her. Do you think it is going to get ugly at these thing? Or safe to go to if I take my dd with me? (she's almost 2, will stay in a stroller and I dont have a baby sitter)
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am taking my kids with me this evening. Afterall, they are the ones who will be paying for Obama's Stimulus and spending...
    myame

Answer by myame at 10:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2009