Anyone else like this??!?

So I go tomorrow afternoon for the "big" appointment to find out if were having a little boy or little girl, and I am SOOO ANXIOUS!!! I am 16 weeks today, and i know most dr's dont check until 18-20 weeks, but i realllly wanna know, so im hoping we can tell!! But jsut thinking about it gets me excited and i doubt that i will even be able to sleep tonight!!!! AHHH!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 9:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you know for sure they are doing an ultra sound? I had a total of 2 while I was pregnant, one at 9 weeks and one at 20. They may be able to tell but don't get your hopes up as its usually not to clear until closer to 20 weeks. If its the big appointment then your doctor must do them earlier then most.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Oh, I know how you feel. When I found out for my baby girl I was 18 weeks. I was a nervous wreck before hand, because I had a dream it was a girl just he day before I found out. I think boys are easier for them to see, they have a bigger package. lol. Good luck to you. What do you think your having?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I went and got an ultrasound at 6 weeks and one at 10 weeks...and then i went in at 14 weeks, and she said "alright in two weeks we'll do n ultrasound and find out if its a boy or girl" so yea, i know they are doing it for sure!!! They have the machine in the office, so its not hard to get them to do it real quick, ya know?? The only reason i got one at 10 weeks was b/c we couldnt pick up the heartbeat on the doppler yet, so it was jsut to check to make sure everything was fine! Im not gettin my hopes up, b/c i know it is early, but im hoping to see a big ole penis on the screen! I would feel more confident they were right if it were a boy, since its easier to spot!! But you never know! I feel like its a boy, but idk if its just because i realllly wnt a boy or what, because everytime i think or talk, i havent even talked abotu a girl.lol...btu who knows!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 9:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• oh and i had a dream every night for 3 days after the 14 weeks appointment that it was a girl...lol
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 9:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Don't get tooooo excited, because there is a chance at 16 wks, that they won't even be able to tell the sex yet. But yes, I was sooooooo excited for my 20 wk ultrasound, bc I KNEW it was a girl, and it was!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I found out I was having a boy at my 15 week ultrasound. They don't generally do them that early but my doctor ordered one to check the baby out. It was my first ultrasound. I didn't sleep the night before and couldn't focus during my classes (college) the next day!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 2:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009