My dd bumped her head!

my dd is 9 months and trying to stand without support of anything. today she was standing near the window playing with a toy and she bumped her head on the window sill( we have long windows). She cried and now she has a little bump. I tried putting a cold washcloth on it to help the swelling but she wont let me keep it on it long. Is there anything I can do and should I inform her doctor? Other than the crying right after she has been acting normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh no. You would be calling the doctor ALOT if that was needed :) If she ever bumps her head *hard* and I mean *hard* just watch for signs of a concussion.
    • loss of consciousness

• drowsiness

• dizziness

• confusion

• vomiting

• irritability

• drainage, clear or bloody, from his nose, mouth, or ears

But those little bumps are nothing to be worried about :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• kids get bumps she will be fine. maybe give her some tylenol or whatever you have cause she might have a headache
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Nah, that's just the first of many bumps she's going to have
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have a 10 month old so I know what you mean. I used to work at a pediatricians office and parents would call about this all the time. The doctor would tell them as long as they are acting normal, she'll be fine. Just watch if she becomes extremely lethargic. If so, call the doctor. And try to apply ice wrapped in a washcloth as much as you can. Good luck. And don't feel bad, they'll be plenty more bumps to come!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• She will be getting lots of bumps.... if she seemed fine afterwards (other than crying) then I wouldn't worry about it. My son is the same age and a dare devil! He gets so many bumps and bruises and cuts it looks like he got beat up!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Amy31308 said everything I was going to say. Just be on the look out for anything unusual. And deep cuts. Those are things you should seek medical help for.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2009