What should I wear to my son's First Communion?

I do not wear suits. And don't want to wear pants. I'm thinking of wearing a black dress with black tights and heels. Is this too much black for a church function?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with all the previous posters - it is too much black. Try to liven it up a bit with some pastel color from a scarf or a belt. Or wear another colored dress. Definitely, do not wear black nylons. I agree about slacks and suits - I don't like those, either.
    Think about the joyousness of your son's communion and wear what would be celebretory of it.
    God bless your little one.
    ><>
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Try wearing some white with your black. It depends on how old you are too, I mean I wouldnt wear what my grandmother wears, i would wear something cute, but nice at the same time. I think white is appropriate for this kind of an occasion, or mix the two =)
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 10:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm 30. I have a dress that's white on top and black on the bottom. I don't wear pastels well. lol.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My son is also making his first communion on May 3rd and since I'm on the chubby side (not obese) but chunky I'm wearing black dress pants and a nice hot pink short sleeve blouse I bought at Fashion Bug for $20. It's hard for me to find clothes that look good not to mention I don't have a lot of money to spend.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2009