What bible verses say that all spirits are demons?

I hear this quite often around here, and I don't believe in that. I think that there is a very real possibility that there are earthbound spirits that just haven't realized it's time to pass on yet.

So, can you provide bible verses that specifically state that any spirit you encounter on earth is a demon?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have not read in the Bible where all spirits are demons, that is not true as far as I know. There are evil spirits and good spirits.When you have time read 1 John 4:1-3.
    meb3

Answer by meb3 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Thanks for that verse, meb3. That explains a lot to me - in other words, there are ghosts/spirits that aren't evil.

Do you think this verse is referring to actual ghosts/spirits or do you think he is referring to the spirit of man instead?

BTW, I looked up JOHN 4:1-3 instead of 1JOHN, LOL. I couldn't figure out what that had to do with ghosts and then God gave me a V8 smack, LOL. "Duh!"
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I believe there are good and evil...good being the angels and evil being the demons. I don't believe that when we die there is a chance we will become a ghost because to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Hmm . . .

So, I'm gathering from the lack of responses that there ARE no bible verses stating that all earthbound spirits are evil . . .

Interesting . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i never read that in the bible any where. Where did you hear that at.
    Anonymous

• Jennijune...I'm not sure who said that ALL earthbound spirits are evil. I suppose it depends on the denomination of the person you talk to.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009