High blood pressure

I went to Drs. yesterday and she said that I have stage 1 hypertension. I have to go back tomorrow to get rechecked. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so what did the drs do?

stepmom2boys407

Asked by stepmom2boys407 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yea I had high blood pressure with my second, and last, child. I was put on "butt" rest for 2 days, they say to lay on your left side as much as possible. I was 38-39 weeks, so it wasn't too big of a deal because they could induce me, and they did
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• How far along are you?

I had hypertension at 8 mos. It was way too high, and the doctors sent me directly to the hospital for monitoring, and after that a c-section, cause it stayed hi. They may give you medication to lower your bp, and have you come in more frequently for bp checks.

Try not to eat processed foods, anything that's prepackaged as a meal, has MSG in it or is high in salt. That may help lower your bp.

GL
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Thank You for your answer. I am 26 weeks along. I hope they don't put me on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy...
    stepmom2boys407

Answer by stepmom2boys407 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I was in Stage 1 hypertension during the last month and a half during my pregnancy. I got put on bedrest til my due date. It really sucks, let me tell ya! Then When I was 38 wks along, I went to my check-up and I had gone to Stage 2, and had gained a lot of waterweight, they induced me that night because my blood pressure was so high. Then I had to go on meds after I had my baby (I'm 3 months PP and my BP is still high) so that I wouldn't go into seizures bc it was so high. My best advice is to do everything the doctor tells you, especially since you can't be induced at 26 wks. Good luck hon.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I was put on bed rest for the last six weeks of my first pregnancy due to high blood pressure.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 11:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• if you get stuck on bedrest, have that computer brought over so you can chat it up with us cafemoms. We're here for you hun. Let us know how it goes.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Went back to drs, and pressure was ok. Have to go back every two now to get it checked..
    stepmom2boys407

Answer by stepmom2boys407 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009