• In the Spotlight:

birth control

ok so im on the depo shot and still have myperiods...the doc said that it was fine and ok but ive been bleeding since istarted working 2 1/2 weeks ago does anyone know what is going on???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• My friend had this problem!! She is overweight so they told her she will need to get it 2 weeks sooner then normal (the shot) So she said screw that.. she hated the shot, the fact that it made her gain weight and bled alot when she shouldn't have been.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't know but is your doctor aware you have been bleeding for so long? Somehow that doesn't sound normal to me.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My friend used to be on the pill and then she started getting the depo shot and while on the shot she had more periods than when she was on the pill, lots of spotting and she hated it! I think everbody reacts differently to diff kinds of birth control. Her doctor told her she would eventually go back to normal, but she never did and stopped the shots.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I so hated the shot, I only had one, but I didn't have a period for a year after I took it. I was told that I could bleed normally, not at all, or alot more on the shot. It's possible that it is your body's natural reaction to the shot, I would talk to the dr and let him/her know that you don't like this and discuss other forms of bc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• When I was on the depo shot I bled for 9 months straight...and gained about 30 lbs. I was also bitchy and felt like crap, had no sex drive and wierd food cravings...It was awful!! Needless to say, I am not on it anymore. I am using Yaz and love it!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 10:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2009