From the mouths of babes: all faiths welcome, as usual :-). . .

My five year old was sitting on the couch watching playhouse disney and out of the blue gets up, comes to me and says,

"Know what momma? I love Jesus a lot."

Just . . . matter of fact.
Now, we went to church on Sunday for Easter with my mom and dad, but that was all kinda over her head. And really, I haven't said much about Jesus to her this week (we've been busy with packing for a romantic getaway (-: ) So, this came from her own heart and of her own accord.

I'm pretty speechless right now, LOL.

Have your kids ever done something like this in your home?
All faiths encouraged to respond, but please be respectful.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't remember if they've said anything about Jesus. We are Catholic and attend church often and they also go to religious education classes on Sundays. But, my 5 year old came up to me the other day and said he really missed his Grama GeeGee. Who passed away when he was almost 2. He said he couldn't wait to see her again! I was really shocked by this.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Sounds like something was said that really touched her heart very deep. More than likely she has been thinking about this and decided to just say the words out loud. Seeds were planted in her heart concerning the Love of Jesus for us. Smart child. Children are listening when we think they are not.
    meb3

Answer by meb3 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• A little girl at church always whispers "There's Jesus" when our dark haired & bearded Pastor walks down the isle towards alter to start the service.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Answered at 9:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 by: RugersMommy06
    A little girl at church always whispers "There's Jesus" when our dark haired & bearded Pastor walks down the isle towards alter to start the service.
    **

LOL!!
    My DD used to ask if our paster was Jesus when I went to church with my mom.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Thats really sweet.
    My sons always talk to the Blessed Lady at night before bed(they think she lives in the moon). So anytime they see the moon they wave HI and have to tell me the moon is out and the Blessed Lady is there,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Answered at 9:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 by: BonesDragonDew
    Thats really sweet.
    **

Okay, now THAT is adorable!!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My 2 yr old daughter will fold her arms now and says amen at the end of prayers its cute.
    TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 11:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The other day my youngest son was singing (he's usually is too embarrassed to do that in front of anyone) and when I asked him what he was singing about, he said Jesus. He was making up his own song (since he doesn't really know any) and the words were so sweet!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Not about Jesus LOL :) ( that it is adorable BTW)

My daughter is 3 and she will just blurt out sometimes ( even when I haven't done anything particularly great), " I love you so much Hannah." It makes me feel special and like I am doing my job right ;)

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• "Thats really sweet. My sons always talk to the Blessed Lady at night before bed(they think she lives in the moon). So anytime they see the moon they wave HI and have to tell me the moon is out and the Blessed Lady is there,etc."

That's cute!

DD hasn't said anything about any religious figures, but she's not even two yet, lol. I am interested in learning where her spiritual journey takes her.

To the OP:

That's also cute and random what your kid said. Does he go to church often, or just on the holidays?
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 12:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009