• In the Spotlight:

When you give a gift card.... (kind of dumb, but wondering)

for a present do you dress it up at all? Put it a card? a bag? something more creative? I am giving a gift card as a gift at a bridal shower. I hate doing this, but it's what she wants. I was just curious if you should do anything in addition to this. It seems so thoughtless and plain!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For my bridal shower I got a lot of gift cards and I got a really cool idea from it. One lady bought a nice fairly inexpensive frame and put the gift card in the frame on a decorated piece of colored paper and made it look really cute and then wrapped the frame. I had never seen anything like it before. She made it almost look like a scrapbook page with the gift card in the middle. Very cool idea!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 2:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I do a card. I just buy a card for the occasion and put the gift card in it.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I usually put the gift card inside of a card. I save cards from special events in my life and my son's life so I like to give cards also.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Well I once got a gift card from Sephora, it came inside a cute compact morrow.... I still carry it in my bag ,very usefull!
    Or you can just stick a bow on it, and bring something along...like anice bottle of champagne of box of good chocolates...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I usually just put it in a card too. Or they have those little tin boxes you can put it in and wrap it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It depends on the occasion. I usually put them in a nice card, but occasionally I will buy a tiny little gift bag and put it in there with some tissue paper.

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• They have regular cards that hold gift cards. I usually try to find one of those...otherwise I just drop it in a regular card.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I look for a specialty gift card holder that most stores sell alongside the gift cards they sell. We bought a Starbucks gift card for Christmas and purchased a knitted little mitten that was made to hold it in - it was soooo cute! They were able to hang the mitten on their tree after. I also like little holders that can be reused for something like all the business cards people collect when they go someplace. I know I have a ton of them that take up my wallet.
    Be creative!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I got one for a baby shower that a little teddy bear was holding the card. I know that doesn't work for a wedding shower, but maybe buy a pretty vase then put a bouquet of flowers in it. The gift card could be the tag.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2009