birth control thats not a pill???

does anyone know of birth control that is not a pill and not the shot????i cannt take pills i freak out and choke on them..its bad and im on the shot and i dont like it at all....please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• if you have already had children you can try the iud mirena that is implanted into your uterus. it is not painful and you cannot feel the implant. google it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There are quiet a few.

There are 2 different IUD's - one is the Minera that is a hormone IUD and lasts 5 years, and the other is just plain copper that lasts for 10 years.

There is the patch (which I hated) that you replace one a week. You can put it on your abdomen, arm, thigh...just about anywhere.

There is the NuvaRing (which I am on and love) which is a ring that you insert into your vagina, leave it there for 3 weeks, take it out to have your period and then put a new one in.

I am sure there are more, but really you should talk about this with your doctor to decide what is best for your life style.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I used the patch and liked it. You put it on once a week and when its the week your supposed to have you period you just take it off and I always started 2 days exaclty after I took it off.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The patch, the nuvaring, an IUD. I used the nuvaring before I had kids and am now on an IUD and I loved both.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009