Question about planned parenthood....

I need to get an ultrasound done so that my insurance will cover letting me see an OBGYN, and I can't think of ANY other way to get an ultrasound.... They say they give ultrasounds to women thinking/doing abortions, do you know/think they would give me one for the reason of my insurance. I can NOT do anything to get my insurance to give me one, or help me get one. Just looking for some input BEFORE I call, and possibly make a fool of myself for asking. I want to keep my baby, I know that, and the ultrasound thing is in the abortion part of the site, but I don't see why they won't give it to me if I want to KEEP my baby... Any help out there??

I don't need to hear the bashing, I'm under PLENTY of stress already. Keep it to your self and just don't answer if you won't be nice. Thanks ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call a planned parenthood place around you and talk to them. I can't understand an insurance company telling you that you must have an ultrasound done before seeing a doctor. Are you sure about that? Maybe call the hospital also and ask them about it.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• why do you need an ultra sound?
    if your dr orders it then the insurence covers it . maybe not completely but they do .
    if you are trying to go to planned parent hood the only ones tht can answer that for you is them because everyone of those are diff. some wont give you an ultra sound with out yor dr asking them too and some just do it . youll have to ask them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Aside from regular OB's, there are women's health centers that also go on a sliding scale where you can pay next to nothing. Perhaps instead of asking them to go against their policy, you can ask them where in your community you can find help.

Oh, and your insurance should cover it with just a positive test results and the order from an OB...
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OP HERE.....
    The paper I got from my insurance company says "Proof of Pregnancy: If someone in the household is pregnant, this MUST be verified by a Pregnancy statement that MUST be signed by a Doctor or Nurse, and MUST contain the number of fetuses, and due date."
    And I don't have a regular family doctor. I don't go enough to think I need one, I guess.
    I've tried looking on Google and Yahoo, for free clinics/women's health centers, but every one I have called tells me they don't take self pay, and won't give me a clinic that does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• is it medicad?
    if so i get it now that insurence is such a pain . but like i said youll have to call planned parenthood and ask then each one is diff . you can also look up free clincs .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• A proof of pregnancy doesn't really mean you need an ultra sound. Go to planned parenthood, take a pee test, and they will give you a piece of paper that says proof of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It's healthystart, and it's by the state, but i guess it's not medicaid? idk...
    and anon :04, i need to know how many fetuses there are, thats why i need an ultrasound.... i guess i could get a sonogram too though right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Well, since you are pregnant, you need to find yourself an OB. That OB will send your insurance company all the information that they need to know, and everything will be covered.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• oh same thing lol . its all by the state . same bull no matter what they want to call it lol .
    can you call them and ask where they are wanting you to do the ultra sound? i had mine done with my first at a free clinic in Oklahoma .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i call and call and call, and have left message after message and never got a call back. i talk to the operator and they send me to the exact same voicemail i always get. it doesnt matter who i talk to i get NO answers and they give me the run around and have me call six different numbers/extensions and then eventually ill get back to the same lady's voicemail. and this is my second, and and i live in Ohio.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2009