When making a phone call, do you usually plan what to say in case a machine picks up or just wing it?

Not when calling a family member or close friend, but a social acquaintance that you're not real close to. I usually don't and sometimes feel like I end up sounding goofy. I'm starting to think that I should prepare what to say in advance in case I end up having to leave a message.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I usually say the same thing no matter who it is. i say hey its jackee or if its family I say its me and then I say give me a call when you get in or I will try and call you again later.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i dont leave messages unless i have to and then i just wing it and sound goofy...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think we all feel that way sometimes. It is good to know we are not alone. I wouldn;t plan it for each call but have a general way you leave a msg so you feel more comfortable.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I usually think about it first. I prefer to keep it short and sweet though so I usually say the same thing.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i ALWAYS think what im gonna say..then i totally say something else lol..and i end up sayign "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and uhmmm" and do alot of breathing..im honestly kinda sketchy when i leave messages lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I usually have in my head what needs to be said,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• LOL I don't leave a message. I stumble all over the place because it's unexpected so I said, you know what...just call back.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I usually have it planned. If I really don't know the person well, I am hoping for the machine. I leave my info, my contact info, say thanks and bye, and I'm on to the next task. Short, sweet, and to the point.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If it's an important businessy call, then I'll write script, lol. If it's for friends or family I usually don't leave a message at all. They all have caller ID so they know I called and call back when they can.
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 10:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009