I feel like my doctors/hospital HATES me...

I dont find this very fair at all..
This girl i know is due friday, im due next week and the doctors are going to give her Patosin to induce her and theyre not going to do that for me...

Her and i are alike with our babies...1st baby, both of us are 2cm dilated, baby isnt too big or too small...both of us have pretty much normal blood pressure...

our ONLY difference is that shes due friday and im due next week...

Im usually at the doctors though...a lot because im nervous with what im feeling and not sure if its normal and such..

So would you think the doctors or hospital hated you if they were doing this for one person and not for you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How could everyone hate you when you are posting anon? I have no clue who you are and have nothing against you. Everyone hates the end of pregnancy. Just be patient. You'll be a mom soon enough!

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• oh and i was also told that my hospital doesnt induce unless its a medical emergency. but there is no emergency for her.. =(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. Believe it or not, one week really does make a difference. They have their medical reasons for doing everything that they do...she will have met her due date, you have not yet. This is not a contest to see who the doctor likes more...its about what is best for your baby.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• im sorry honey . maybe they felt she had a problem idk some hospitals are so weird .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Um no. They are doing their job. Why is it people whine and complain when doctors induce too early? They rag on the doctors for inducing too soon or without a medical reason. BUT if the doctors don't induce they get ragged on too. Good Lord. A week is BIG DIFFERENCE. You could end up going into labor by your due date. Shoot you could end up going before this girl is induced and bump her induction back. Just chill out. Your baby WILL come out. I promise.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• What is your reason for wanting to be induced? Just because your doctor is doing it for someone else doesn't mean they hate you. Maybe you don't everything about the other woman's pregnancy. Plus, if you've been in a ton you may be suffering from "the girl who called wolf." If you've been complaining alot they may not take you as seriously as someone who hasn't been complaining the whole time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm sure you're just paranoid. If the doctor is treating you unfairly, find another one and put your mind at ease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• when next week are you due? if you're due next week friday, they probably want to see if you'll go into labor on your own.
    Anonymous

• When are they inducing her? Maybe she has high blood pressure. Some hospitals induce on the due date to avoid going over and having a big baby. I was due the 15th and was being induced on the 16th if I didn't have her. I got lucky and went in labor and had her the 14th. Does she have an infection or decrease in fluid. Sometimes they medically induce to have a more controlled birth or she may need the meds for the one infection that can hurt your baby. I cant remember the name but its the swab they do later in the pregnancy.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• One week makes all the difference in the world. It could be the difference between lungs that work and a baby on a respirator.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2009