Anyone got any "tricked out" spaghetti recipes?

I want spaghetti tonight just hoping to change it up a bit

jhj4ever

Asked by jhj4ever at 10:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My mom adds chopped pepperoni sometimes and use the curly noodles. I like to make meatballs instead of just meat sauce and add a little brown sugar to the sauce. I love chicken spagetti with tomato juice and celery..a lighter sauce but I have no idea how to make it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I throw italian sausage into my spaghetti. If I have 1lb hamburger, i put in 1/2 lb sausage. It gives it a little kick...and always use fresh garlic and onions.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I made it last night with zucchini and squash. I precooked it and then added it with the sauce. I also add spinach sometimes and then use the swedish meatball sauce instead of spaghetti sauce.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I use Italian or Sage sausage instead of ground beef.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I add in chopped carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. Sounds weird but its really good.. its like veggie lasagna. Sometimes we add pepperoni, or spicy sausage.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• One of my new favorites is a combo of spaghetti and penne vodka. Slice Italian Sausage and saute it with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and minced garlic. Add a can of your favorite sauce and a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of non flavored vodka(the alcohol cooks out so it is safe for the kids to eat.) Add 1 TBSP of Italian Seasoning and let it simmer about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile make your noodles. Just before you drain your noodles add 1/2 cup heavy cream to the sauce and stir. Lower the heat so it does not boil at all. Drain noodles, and stir it all together.

Shave some fresh Parmesan cheese on top and sprinkle with some parsley. SOOOOOOOO good.

PatCarMom

Answer by PatCarMom at 11:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i use fresh bell pepper,onion, and garlic chopped up, then I add Italian seasoning and a lil bit of Italian dressing.
    mommy102786

Answer by mommy102786 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• try spaghetti squash in place of the pasta noodles.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• my mom added homemade meatballs and also pepperoni. Yummy. I have her homemade sauce and meatballs if you'd like it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• To change it up I use ground Italian sausage , pepperoni slices, and chicken... then add black olives, sun dried tomatoes, green and yellow bell peppers, and the secret??? Pesto!! My family hasn't figured out the pesto yet.... I pile my noodles up on a large platter and spoon on the sauce, garnish with fresh basil and finely shredded Mozzarella and fresh Parmesan cheeses.. To compliment I make an entire loaf of Mediterranean Bread (which is also packed with goodies, including more olives, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts topped with more cheeses, I like to use feta on the bread. My spaghetti dinner is an artery-clogger... but the family loves it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009