trying to lose 80 pounds

please no bashing. I'm a 268 pound mother of 2 children. i want to lose 80 pounds and i know that it going to be hard. do you have any tips.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• I need to loose about that much..I an not and never have been into exersize..So that is the hard part for me..I have changed the way I eat..

Answer by louise2 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I started Slim-Fast, and have lost 4lbs in 9 days. All you have to do is stick with it, and there is a website for support that is free and gives you a weight chart to track your progress.

Walk. A lot, and not leisurely. It has to be quick paced, get your heartrate going. For the first 15 minutes of a elevated heart rate you are burning glucose; anything AFTER that is fat.

Remember that 3500 calories = 1lb of fat. If you can cut 500 calories from your daily diet, you will lose 1lb a week.

No more soda, ice cream, candy, chips, etc. If you have any in your house, get rid of it and don't buy any more.

Eat actual portions - the vast majority of americans eat 150%-200% of what a normal portion size is of a food for any given meal.

Cut down on your salt intake. Water weight is real, and salt makes it happen.

Stick to it. You will never lose weight if you don't keep with it.

Any other questions? Feel
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• hmm...that was supposed to say feel free to message me, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I know that everyone says diet and excericize is the only wayto lose, but there are other ways too!! Right now there is a new option out there, you have to do your own research about it but it is the hCG diet, you lose 1/2 - 1 pound per day and it really works! I lost 30 pounds in 35 days last year and started again today. You can gain it back but you really get reality check, when it comes to how much you have been eating. In alomost a year I only gained 8 pounds back.
    jbtnailchick

Answer by jbtnailchick at 11:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• HUUMMM I never call it diet, it just don't sound right. I avoid alot of sweets, and chips. I think of it as when I lose the wieght I can have some. Also, if you have a friend that will walk with you, start off a half of an hour a day, I walk now with a friend, we just started, and it was easier with someone. We could email each other monday-friday to keep up. It is hard, and staying away from carbs, last night I had a lot, of Romaine lettuce, a little scoop of rice, and a little piece of meat. Also, I don't use sugar in my coffee which helped a lot. I use a sweetner, I went from a size 16-18 to a size 12 just curbing the eating. NO take out, and no soda-very very rare do I enjoy it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• YOU CAN DO IT> I AM HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, AND BE THERE FOR ME, IT IS HARD.
    KFree907

• Hello there is a garment that has been created by a Doctor and it burns fat. I can share it with you if you want, also try to do a natural body cleanse because sometimes we need to clean our colon because that adds to the weight..if you want to know more just let me know...be blessed
    cbarconia

Answer by cbarconia at 12:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2009