• In the Spotlight:

What can i do or give to my 9 week old daughter teething ?

cindyodopson

Asked by cindyodopson at 11:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like maybe it could be. idk for sure. My dd was extremely irritable, wouldnt sleep more than 30 min, she wouldnt put anything in her mouth really expecially my finger because her gums hurt too much, but every baby is diffent. try the ice cube in a feeder ring, you can get them from walmart. she may be bored too and need more stimulation. maybe give her a teething ring to save her lil hands:) hope it helps!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Nothing, are you sure she is teething? It could be an ear infection. At 9 weeks it hard to tell because they are not chewing on everything and the excess slobber could be from nasal congestion or allergies. I would talk to your pediatrician and see if it is truly teething because 9 weeks is really early and to hard to predict.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Is she cutting teeth or teething. we need more info on how she is acting. my dd was teething at 2 months but didnt cut teeth till 8 months! dont use orajel it hardens the gums. teething rings, frozen baby wipes, ice cubes or frozen fruit in a mesh feeder(probably not the fruit she may be too young).
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i agree with the 1st responder! it is really hard to tell why babies fuss at that age. it could be hunger, diaper change, trapped gas, need to be held......it can be so frustrating! especially for this reason dont offer ANY medication. if you think it could be teething starting you can gently massage her gums, but I doubt it is teething pain. not asking in a mean way of course, but what makes you think it could be teething? is she being really fussy?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• she is biting on the nipple and little bit and when you put your nuckle in her mouth she chews on it and even after shes ates a whole bunch she tries to eat her hands and the blanket.. i put my finger in her mouth and rubbed her top gums and i felt little ridges..
    cindyodopson

Answer by cindyodopson at 11:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i've tried everything when shes fussy.. i feed her then i change her diaper she doesnt have gas i hold her i walk around with her and then she stops fussing but then she just wants to chew on her hands and i thought maybe she is hungry again so i make a bottle and all she does is chew on the nipple... =\
    cindyodopson

Answer by cindyodopson at 11:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2009