CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE PHYSICAL AND ANY OTHER MARKERS OF A BABY WITH FETAL ALOCHOL SYNDROME

My grandson is 3 months old. I am not allowed to visit, see him, or bond with him. My daughter has a PFA (protection from abuse order) placed on me from November 24, 2008 for 2 years. This was done before my grandson was born. He was born in NJ. She and my grandson live in NJ. Youth and Family Services are involved due to the many calls they have received regarding my daughters behavior and neglect of my grandson. I need to stop pushing DYFUS that's NJ's Youth and Family Services allow My Higher Power to intervene at this point.

What Iam looking for is ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A BABY WITH FAS and if so what does a baby with FAS need to ensure they reach their full potential. He already has the LAZY EYE and I have read that if that is not taken care of soon, the brain will teach the good eye to see and the LAZY EYE will atrophy and he will be blind in that eye.

I am desparate please help me.

gia1955

Asked by gia1955 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It has many affects from delayed speech, walking, sitting, standing, having the shakes and uncontrollable fits. The lazy eye could just be from the father and if untreated it will stay that way, all he needs is a patch for now to make the eye focus. A lazy eye still have function and can focus the eye muscles are just weak which is why they put a patch on and if that doesn't help then surgery. They need love and support and all the things any baby would need or want in life. They need time and attention and someone who is willing to work with them. Depending on the extent they need therapy both physical and speech and sometimes counseling for the anger and fits.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• As I answered on your other posting...Amblyopia does not mean he has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. There are many other more serious issues involved with that.

Anonymous

• A lot have similar appearances as down's syndrome, the protruding forehead, big eyes, droppy mouth. I don't know about the lazy eye, but I can tell you from experience (I have a lazy eye) that if the eye is treated before the age of five he will most likely suffer no visual impairment. Just as the pp said, when the good eye is patched it gives the lazy eye a chance to focus and strengthen. At three months it will be hard to determine if he truly has amblyopia because the eyes aren't fully capable of focusing, but if he still has it after the age of 1 then he needs to see an opthamologist and begin treatment.
    mommyoftwo212

Answer by mommyoftwo212 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009