Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My grandson is 3 months old. I am not allowed to visit, see him, or bond with him. My daughter has a PFA (protection from abuse order) placed on me from November 24, 2008 for 2 years. This was done before my grandson was born. He was born in NJ. She and my grandson live in NJ. Youth and Family Services are involved due to the many calls they have received regarding my daughters behavior and neglect of my grandson. I need to stop pushing DYFUS that's NJ's Youth and Family Services allow My Higher Power to intervene at this point.

What Iam looking for is ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A BABY WITH FAS and if so what does a baby with FAS need to ensure they reach their full potential. He already has the LAZY EYE and I have read that if that is not taken care of soon, the brain will teach the good eye to see and the LAZY EYE will atrophy and he will be blind in that eye.

I am desparate please help me.

Answer Question

Asked by gia1955 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I am sorry for your troubles. I wish I could help. I will say a prayer for you and your grandson.

    Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • im sorry but if there is an order out against you nothing you can do .

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • Because you have a restraining order against you, you'll need to contact a lawyer.

    As for the Amblyopia, by the time it has crossed in the brain is already no longer accepting signals from the optic nerve. It can be treated, if not caught early it can cause "functional blindness" which is NOT the same as being blind in that eye. But it takes YEARS for functional blindness to set in.

    If it is known he has Amblyopia, she has already been to a pediatric opthamologist and would then be under treatment for it. If you are basing this simply on the eye turning in, it may not be Amblyopia, but may be strabismus (esotropia to be more precise) which doesn't necessarily mean he has Amblyopia. Strabismus might lead to Amblyopia, but it does not mean he has the latter. They can stand alone.

    I have one kid with each thing, and none of my kids have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Again, one does not mean the other.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • If there is an order against you, then someone obviously thinks you need to stay away. So there's not much you can do. Unless they step in and take the child away and even then, with the order in place, I doubt you'd get custody of the child or allowed to see him unless you know the people who get custody.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Babies (0-12 months)
Pacifier Use?

Next question overall (Relationships)
What would you do??