Really important question so i really need some good answers! Please help!

So i have a 3 year old autistic daughter that goes to a special ed preschool where there are other autistic children who cannot talk as well. Well autistic kids feel and hear things more intense than a normal person does so i don't always put my daughters hair up for the simple fact that it bugs her sometimes. So i got my baby ready for school and had her hair down and her hair is only one length well when i went to pick her up yesturday they had put her hair up in a pony tail. When i got her home i took out her hair cause i was grossed out that they used someone elses hair thing. When i got to looking at her hair i noticed it was cut into layers!!! And it was alot thinner so somebody decided to cut her hair! I only trim her bangs and it takes both me and my 240lb husband just get that done! So i can't even imagine what they did to her to give her a full on hair cut! What should i do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Did she possibly do it and that is why they pulled it back or possibly another child? I would contact the school and find out what happened and document it and make a complaint.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You need to talk to the director of the preschool and find out what happened. This is very weird.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Go and confront the teacher till you get answers, did youask your Daughter what happened, that is weird and for the fact that you have to wrestle with her to get her bangs done, I would find out what happened with that
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My daughter can't speak and neither can the students and this was no butcher job it look like someone knew what they were doing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would bring it to the teachers attention and ask why your daughters hair was cut without your permission. They have NO RIGHT to touch your child.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Take pictures, call the cops, file a complaint immediately.

No one, and I mean no one is ever to touch your child without your consent, ever.

MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 11:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Call and just ask what happened. Remain calm. See what they say before you do anything.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• 1. First call you might have had a note in their cubby. Not good you should have been told and it should have been in writing, regardless if it was your daughter who did it or another child.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would DEFINATELY be calling that preschool! Maybe it was your daugther/anpther student who did it originally and they ried to make it look better, but they still should have told you about it. I understand how hard it is with an Autisitc child. My son is the same way. We have to bear hug him to cut his hair and we can't cut it to short or he pulls at it and cries for weeks (we only made that mistake once, never again!). But the pre-school my son goes to even calls if they think there might be a mark on him. One day he got mad and banged his head on the wall and the teacher called to let me know cause she thought he might have a red mark. He didn't, so there wouldn't really have been a reason to call, but they did anyway.

But, like I said. I would call. They have no RIGHT to do that and not tell you about it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• call and talk to director
    file a complaint with coorperate
    and find a new daycare
    oh and you can report them to the state too
    i would be furious too
    Anonymous