Lap-Band

Has anyone has this done?

I know the involvement and the risks and benefits - my mom has had it done. But I would like some input from others as well - her experience probably isn't everyone's.

How much weight have you lost?
Is it easy to stick to the "plan"?
Have you had any problems with reflux/vomiting?
Can you eat whatever you want?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I had this surgery on March 10. Since Feb. 28, I have lost 37 lbs. I have not thrown up even once. I am eating low-fat or low-carb versions of things I enjoy...in SMALL portions. I feel great and have already bought capri jeans a size smaller!

It has been pretty easy to stick to the plan, and I work out 3 times a week. But I bought a rowing machine and have my DVDs so will be cancelling the gym membership so I can work out at home daily at any time during the evening.

If you have any questions on it, I'm in a group here called Living and Loving the Lap Band Lifestyle and the ladies are motivating and fabulous! I have 101 lbs. to go and am well on my way. I will reach that goal in 2 years or less.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2009