Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some advice

my ex girlfriend phoned me up and asked me to have our son full time as she couldnt cope and felt like suffercating him so i went and got she is taking drugs gone back to her violent ex boyfriend and she wants to have him over night twice a week.i know he wont be safe with her but he needs to see his mum hes only 10 month.she wont aggree to supervised visits.i dont no what to do if it all goes to court and she gets him back then i scared somthink bad will happen to him.
can anyone give me some good advice please.

Answer Question

Asked by jamienjayden at 11:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Go to court and get your legal visitations. Thats all you can do, and you can keep going back for more and more rights until you feel that he is safe - at this age he needs to be safe more than anything else.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • You need to file the emergency custody papers and possibly call CPS on her.

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • Call in CPS to check her home. Let them know your suspicions and make a report. If they find anything they will make a decision as to if the child is safe there or not. Get a custody order with the court. Request drug testing in order to establish the order. If she threatened to hurt him then let cps and the court know that you fear for his safety. GOOD LUCK

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • BTW, there is absolutely not benefit to him seeing his mom when she is like this. It's detrimental and you need to protect the child.

    Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • I agree with all the posts. Your son doesnt need her when she is acting this way. if she wants to see him, then she either sees him when someone, like you or a court ordered supervisor, is around or she doesnt get to see him. File for complete custody and have them order a drug test. maybe suggest some form of rehab before she can see him. Your childs safety is #1! Keep up the good work

    Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • file for emergency instant custody
    make a dairy of things going on
    go to court
    she doesnt have to agree to supervised visits if court orders them
    and btw - are you a daddy?
    if so sorry youre having a rough time, but there are daddy site out there, this is for mommies only

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Babies (0-12 months)
Stage 3 Foods

Next question overall (Health)