At what age would you expect for your DD/DS to become sexually active? (sorry but there is no other way to put it)

I'm so tired of people saying that kids nowadays are having sexual relationships at early age. I'd bet that most of us moms have kids who have better things to do such as school, sports, art, and many other things to think about. Not ALL our kids are thinking or having sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son has been dating a girl for just over 2 years and they have decided to wait to have sex until they are older. They are focused on their education and their futures. He does know when he thinks he's ready he can come to either myself or my husband. We talk about sex and drugs all the time so he doesn't feel the need to hide it from us! It's all about good communication and teaching them that sex is not a bad thing. They just need to be prepared.
    canadiangirl5

Answer by canadiangirl5 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• 78 lol
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would like them to wait till they got married. There are some teens that do that, the purity contract, or purity ring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• no but really I'm expecting around 16 older. I lost my virginity at 16 so I can't expect things from him that I myself didn't do. Ya know? I hope he waits until he's out if highschool but reality he probably wont. However, I must say my hubbys best friends (they are his cousins) one is 19 still a virgin, and 22 and still a virgin so it is possible :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Truth you have to give credit to the kids. Indeed they are good kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• 18 is what I expect but figure it will be more like 15-16 these days. 21 would be ideal.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I expect 17-20. I hope I teach her well enough that she wont have sex before then.
    bmattacch

Answer by bmattacch at 11:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It all depends on how you raise your kids and the person they are. But most kids nowadays become sexually active in highschool.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Like intercourse... Probibly about 14... I was 11 my first time (9 when I had oral) and was folling around touchy feelly well before that... I think it's just to be expected. That why education is so important! I will never skirt the issues with them and once they are of legal consent age 16, I won't stop them from doing it - SAFELY! I do have one rule - no matter his age, she MUST be over the AOC... I'm not having my son drug down for statatory with his GF!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I can only imagine they will be curious before then though, and most likely want to explore. But since boys develope later than girls I am going to figure around 14... I would expect them to steal my porn before that though... It's just normal!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2009