Anyone has an IUD?

I'm getting an IUD (copper) on the 20th, does it hurt? What should I expect?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• Take a couple asprin. I had NO PAIN but it was a little uncomfortable (sort like you have period cramps). Everyone is different. GOOD LUCK!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 11:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It hert when they snapped it in, I started to bleed then had contractions on my left side for a week. Hope it goes well
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Make sure they put some spray lidocaine on your cervix before. From what I understand not all do. I had some pressure, but no pain during insertion and a little cramping and bleeding for a couple days after, but noting major. I love my copper IUD.
    Anonymous

• I had the plastic one, I didn't have a period until it started to fail me, but I figured it was normal. I went through about a month of brown light bleeding and then after that had a "normal" period, and then found out I was pregnant. The dr said that it was likely that durring a bought of consitpation I had pushed it out without knowing it (never could feel the strings anyways) because I didn't check the loo after going.
    Anonymous