• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone else have an extremely attached 1-2 yr old?

My daughter just turned two and sometimes it is really frustrating how attched to me she still is! I'm still nursing, which I don't have a problem with, but she wants to do it all the time! I know it's not because she's hungry because she eats lots of table food, it's more for comfort. I don't have a problem doing it a few times a day, but she literally wants to do it every 10-15 minutes! As long as I am sitting in the room with her she plays well and can entertain herself, but as soon as I get up and try to do something she's after me whining and crying and wanting to nurse! She is getting better with my husband, she'll spend some time with him but not very long.

I hate to complain because I know one day I will miss this closeness and I like that I am her favorite person, but sometimes it is just exhausting! I can barely get anything done! I hate having to let her cry, I hoped she would be over this by now. Anyone else?

imagen

Asked by imagen at 11:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• will i have 18 months old.
    she some what attached to me. she more attached to her dad because she see him list during the day and love to spend the time in evening time. i know how you feel.. You can always do something when she is taking nap.
    or have someone watch her for few hours so you can take break. it 24/7 thing if you sahm.. or have go out with baby and set up play date
    my daughter have play date once a week at my house with my friend son
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think weaning her would help could her with her independence. Every 10-15 minutes sounds like a lot indeed! You can still be close to her without nursing her. My daughter's almost 2 and she weaned herself around 13 months, but she still likes to "get cozy" with me -- sitting wrapped up in a blanket together... She has a little sister so I can't focus on her every second, and that's helped, but it sounds like you could start working with her on doing some things without you. If you need to get something done, try to give her a project to work on, too. She can "work" parallel to you without you having to carry her around or stop what you're doing entirely. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I highly recommend the book MOTHERING YOUR NURSING TODDLER by Norma Jane Bumgarner. Also, a La Leche League meeting would probably be a great place to get tips form other moms with nursing toddlers. Some groups have toddler meetings, and most groups have this book available for checkout in the group library. Find your local group at http://www.lllusa.org/groups.php

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't know if she will take one or not, but maybe try a pacy or other comfort object instead?
    AydensMom101507

Answer by AydensMom101507 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2009