Can you die from..

PMS? Seriously, someone please just shoot me! I was diagnosed with type II diabetes last thursday so I cannot even have chocolate or sweets to get me by. I am crabby and retaining more water than the Hoover Dam! I just wish Aunt Flow would get here and be gone! Any ideas to relieve my situation without putting myself in a sugar coma?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 11:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• *big hugs* I feel ya, hon! Granted, i'm not diabetic but honestly, I know how it is to feel like your gonna die from PMS. Honestly, I think DF is plotting something each time Aunt Flow visits... LOL

I would try fruits or anything that is naturally sweet. Just lay off the candy, hon, and you should be all right! I'll ask around at work and see what the ladies around here can give me as far as advice for ya.
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• YES just shoot yourself. LOL JK JK JK :)
    Umm how about some carrots and ranch? LOL I know yuck.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I feel for you, I have been there but not as bad as you sound.
    Fruit is very helpful when I need a sugary snack. Like a really ripe banana with a glass of cold milk.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• They do have sugar free chocolate that you can have. Once you get it under control you can eat chocolate in moderation.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There is sugarless candy out there.I seen a lot of it at walmart. I too am going threw this no sweets thing.. It is a life style change that you have to get threw. You need to watch your carb intake too.

Answer by louise2 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Carbs are the work of the Devil lol and tropical fruit is horrible! Yougurt is horrible as well as bagles and rice. No sugar, no carbs...what's left? Water...maybe I should go drown myself lol!
    Thanks for all the support and suggestions ladies you make me smile! :)
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My mom, also Type II, eats fat free pudding to curb that craving for chocolat. She says it helps.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• But I would suggest watching the "Sugar Free" stuff. It has an additive that gives alot of people the poops. Go for no sugar added. It still has sugar in it, but only small amounts. My hubby and mom are both diabetic (Hubby is type 1 and my mom is type 2). So, we keep a lot of sweets in the house that are safe for diabetics. Also, another thing that I know is going to tick you off, alcohol can raise your sugar too. I know, I know, we are just trying to take all the fun stuff away from you right?
    -Ashley
    P.S. Try some ibuprofen or an anti-inflamitory for the PMS. It works for me, sometimes.
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009