anyone know how to make deviled eggs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Very easy... start with 6 hard boiled eggs. Slice length-wise in half and empty out the yolk into a bowl.
    Add the following to yolks and mix well:

1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1 tsp prepared mustard
    1 tsp vinegar (I think this is optional, I don't use it)

Spoon back into egg white halves garnish with paprika. Enjoy!

Another variation is to add crumbled bacon to the mixture, my husband loves this!
    dreamdancer79

Answer by dreamdancer79 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I make mine by boiling the eggs, slicing them in half - and mixing together mayo, a little mustard, salt, and pepper with the yolk for the filling. I don't like the look of paprika sprinkled on top, although I know many do.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Boil the eggs
    Cool the eggs
    cut them in half
    take the yolk out and place in separate bowl
    lay egg white in a large pan
    mix mayo,sugar,sweet relish and pimentos in the bowl with the yolk; blend
    spoon the mixture into the egg whites
    sprinkle a little cinnamon on top
    and place in fridge
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Boil the eggs,,,,Then cut the shelled eggs in half,,,Take the yoke,,put it in a bowl. Put myo and a little mustard in with the yoke..Whip it up..Spoon it back into the whiteegg halfs.  Your done.

Answer by louise2 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I just made these last night..lol. One- don't put the paprika on until you're ready to eat them..it stains the egg.
    This is the recipe I used. I was then able to use the leftover rub for southwest chicken..soo good!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/chipotle-deviled-eggs-recipe/index.html
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There are many variations on this recipe but heres the one I like.
    Put 6 eggs in pot of cold water, add lid and boil for 10-12 mins, makes perfect boiled egg everytime. Don't let them boil too hard or they will crack. When they start to boil turn them down but keep them boiling. Peel the eggs when they are still hot or very cold, this will make it much easier to peel them without tearing them up. Slice lenghtwise, remove yolks, place yolks in a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon of mayonasie or mircle whip for each egg. Add 1/4 teaspoon mustard for every egg, any kind will work. I just use yellow mustard. Then with a fork mash all ingredients together and then with a spoon just fill the egg whites and add paprkika on the top of all the eggs. I also like to add to the egg mixture, a teaspoon of relish juice but thats a personal preference. Good Luck. Yummy now I want some...lol
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 12:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Instead of vinegar, I add a heaping tsp of sweet relish and a half tsp of sweet pickle juice. I tried the mustard relish one time.... too sour. So I stick with the mayo, mustard, relish, pickle juice combo, then add salt and pepper to taste. For garnish, I sprinkle paprika on the eggs before I fill them so there is none on top of the yellow - the paprika tends to look discolored if you put it on top of the yolk stuffing.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• what they all said, and then here's how i do the filling-
    add the mustard to the egg yolk mixture first, then stir in mayo and sour cream and a little bit of dill pickle juice until it gets to the right consistency to fill the egg white halves. add a tiny bit of onion powder (just a sprinkle) and a dash of black pepper. after you fill the eggs, garnish them with dried parsley and paprika.
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i do a dozen eggs. shell them while they are hot, under cold water. (if u put salt in the water when they are boiling, the shell won't stick) 1 to 2 tbs of mayo 1 tbs of dill relish. salt and pepper to taste. a little bit of mustard. about half a tsp. mix well then, i use my cake decorating kit to pipe it back into the egg. no mess and it pretty. garnish with paprika.
    mel_js06

Answer by mel_js06 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I mix the yolks with mayo, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, pickle relish.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009