Symptoms of Laryngomalacia

I've already done some research on laryngomalacia, but, I'd like to know from actual parents what symptoms your child experienced. My baby might have that not sure and don't want to jump to conclusions but it's leading to that and won't see doc until early next month. Did your child have difficulty breathing at night? How did you cope with it? Etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im sorry but that is one big reason i hate google. you did research ? what if it is nothing near that? why wonder how to cope when a DOCTOR hasnt even said that is what it is . wait for the dr to tell you then worry about it .
    Anonymous

• This is just a question, I'm not asking to be reprimanded by other moms and I'm just curious as to what your experiences were. I did my own research because I believe, although I'm not a doctor, that we should all be informed as much as possible as doctors are NOT perfect. Knowledge is power and it empowers me to ask more questions when I do go visit the doctor. So please I'd appreciate just an answer for those who do wish to answer without the scolding stick...I'm just a concern mom.
    Anonymous

• why be conncernd with som sickness? heck my son has prblems breathing at night .. he only has mild asthma . i didnt jump to google to look up big things . liek i said wait for the doctor . not google.
    Anonymous

• my son has it and he is 2 weeks old. he doesnt really have problems with breathing , but makes a what i call a wease sound but its pretty much all the time. he is going to see a specialist in like two weeks to see how underdeveloped his larynx are. they suggest having him sleep in a more up right position. either putting a few blankets under the mattress to have him sleep on a tilt, or in a swing char or car seat. i also run a humidifier, so times he is loader than other times. the nurse at the hopsitail told me i shouldnt let him cry for long either and to give him a pacifier, and that he shouldnt be on his back flat for to long, i find he loves to lay on his side. which the dr said was ok. hope you find out soon whats borthing your son. why cant you see a dr till next month?
    mydogsublime

Answer by mydogsublime at 9:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The specialist I was referred to is out of town and can't see me til then even after getting a referral.
    Anonymous