hand me downs? garage sales?

my husbands family on his moms side is nice (for the most part) and i know they dont have a lot of money but how do i tell them that i just DONT want baby things from garage sales (like cribs,toys,clothes,etc.) and the hand me downs they give me always come with stains and are so worn. how i tell them and not sound like a rich snobby yuppy?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if it is all they can afford just accept it . i am sorry but i think it would be rude to say no i dont want it it isnt new .
    Anonymous

• Beggars cant be choosy. You get what you get and be grateful for what they give you. No everyone can afford new things and you need to get over it. I bought a new travel system for our daughter and a new crib and crib set and we got some new things and a lot of my nieces hand me downs that were in good condition along with the swings and toys and other things. Buy it new yourself if your that selfish.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009