Can they deploy both husband and wife at the same time when they have kids?

I thought that the army didn't deploy both parents at once when they had young kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• they dont.... but if you didnt have kids then they would both be deployed at the same time
    Anonymous

• Being that we're not military, you're better off talkign to your Commanding Officer or higher ups in your branch. It's likely they just pulled names at random or based on military needs. But either way, I think you should have thought about this possibility BEFORE you had children, if one or both of you were still ACTIVE DUTY!!!!
    Anonymous

• my ex and his wife are both deployed and they have a daughter .
    Anonymous

• Yes. My brother and sister in law were both deployed to Iraq. My inlaws took care of their daughter.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• As long as they can prove who is taking care of the child. If no one can take care of the child they wont let you go as far as im concerned.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yes they can. You have to sign a family care plan if you are both active duty. The navy tried doing that with my husband and I by putting us both on sea duty so I got out.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I have friends with children and they are both in the military. Both were sent to Iraq. Different units but still both in active combat situations. Only if there is no one available, and the military is really good at calling the bluff of those trying to get out of their job, then one may stay home with the child. When you sign up for the military it is clear where your obligations are. Raising your children is not your first priority. Your duty for your country is your first duty and they will not let you forget that.
    Anonymous

• What if someone such as a family member is available (unemployed) and says they are willing to care for the child but is really and totally unfit, (constant smoking, frequent drinking binges, and is an ex-con has done prison time for various felonies) will the military take that into consideration?
    Anonymous

• they shouldn't be allowed to it isn't fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes they can. My son and his wife are both soldiers and they were in Iraq with a woman whose husband was in Afghanistan. Their son was staying with his aunt. My son and his wife don't have children yet but plan to and when they do they know that they could be deployed together and they have already decided who their children will stay with us if that happens (with us).

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009