I need TTCERS opinion..

I have been ttc for 7 months now. I took some steps to make sure that I was healthy enough to conceive. Blood work is good! I am ovulating. Transvaginal ultrasound no major fibroids & uterus looks good. HSG test no blocked fallopian tubes and everything was good.
1.Should I just keep trying and chart to get it right?
2. Begin to take Clomid to speed up the process?
3. Go see a fertility doctor to run more test or IVF?

Remember two keys things:
Husband works out of town..BD is only going down on Fridays/Saturday/Sunday.
I am also old.. age 34 will be 35 in August, so I don't have a lot of time on my side to wait months and months.
What is your opinion on what you think I should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• maybe do 2 and 3
    Anonymous

• Personally, I would do the charting thing. It's the most natural and informative of your fertile time. Maybe (this might be a long shot...) but since you'd be charting and would know FOR SURE when your fertile time is, he could take some time off work during those days? Even if you are on Clomid, if theres no sperm when there is no egg.. there is no baby, ehe? Even if you do that until you've been TTC for over a year than you can do Clomid, then think about IVF. That's just my opinion though... anything you decide will be right for you. Good Luck!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would suggest number 3, but I would also throw in IUI before IVF. My Mother went straight to the IVF process at 38 and conceived my brother on the first try. But the reason she did not try IUI was because she had had her tube tied and the chances of her getting pregnant after a tubal reversal (with one ovary) were very slim because they use a laser to "cut" the tubes. When they do that, heat runs through the tube and causes scarring which heightens your chances of ectopic pregnancy. ANYWAY, instead of wasting her money she went right to IVF. But if you haven't had a tubal ligation, feel free to try IUI first, which usually runs about $400 per try as opposed to $10-15,000 per try of IVF.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If you are ovulating, then you do not need to take clomid. If your DH is out of town a lot, you might be missing the right days. www.yourdays.com is a good website to track when you ovulate.
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 12:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would wait until you have been trying for a year before doing 2 & 3. Try 1, that sounds good. Sometimes it just takes a little while...good luck!!! Hope it happens soon :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I definitely wouldn't jump to option 3 just yet. Charting is good--I did some of it myself but it ultimately didn't end up in a pregnancy for me. I had been TTC for almost a year when I had the blood tests, HSG and semen analysis done on DH. All looked good excpet my progesterone was a little low. I took Clomid and did Ovulation prediction tests for 1 cycle and prayed real hard and TADA! Preggo! HTH. :)
    chriscrossedtx

Answer by chriscrossedtx at 5:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009