• In the Spotlight:

when can we give cocolate to babies.mt daughter is 18 mths now should i offer her

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 12:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would try just a little if she has never had it before and make sure there are no allergic reactions my daughter will be eighteen months next month and she eats chocolate.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• She can have it. Most kids had chocolate cakes for their birthdays. Just don't give her piles of it all the time. But, A taste won't hurt.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree with the other posters..............give her a little, not a whole lot, just incase she has an allergy to it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My kids started getting chocolate at a year old. Both their first cakes were chocolate :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My daughter is 7 months and we give her bites of chocolate now and then. She likes it and it makes her happy. She got her first taste at 3 months with ice cream and there was no turning back.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I started giving my little ones chocolate around that age. Start small just to make sure they are not allergic.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I gave chocolate for the first birthday. It's fine to give a toddler a little chocolate. But as with any new food from when they were babies, do a trial...give a little bit a few times and watch for a reaction. There's a big difference between giving it to a baby and giving it to a toddler though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Never ...... it's junk food

Anonymous

• I would try not to give it to her at all. With my daughters i tried not to give them candy and chocolate and junk food because I wanted them to enjoy fruits and veggies more. My sister is complete opposite with her son and now he only eats junk food and my daughters love fruits and veggies. I do give them an occasional piece of candy though.
    Anonymous

• Why offer it to her if she is not asking for it! I am against kids having sweets, however it is easier to get them to enjoy good for before they realize there is something tastier out for them to eat.. Believe me I know from experience, and I have to hide the chocolate in the house because she now has a rader for it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2009