I am 4 months pregnant and have not gain any weight at all should i be worried? (first baby)

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• AS long as you're measuring okay it should be fine. At your next appointment make sure to mention something just to see what your doctor has to say about it.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I didn't start gaining the weight until i was 6 months, and my mom didn't gain weight at all. As long as your eating right and healthy I wouldn't be too worried.
    t_ersland07

Answer by t_ersland07 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Just be worried every other pregnant woman in the world will resent you! just kidding.. Some women don't gain much weight, some even lose weight at the beginning from morning sickness. It's normal, but still ask your doc. just to make sure.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 1:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• oh god no! dont be worried at all! i didnt gain any weight until almost 7 months...i stayed at 122 until about 30 weeks and then i gained like 10 pounds!
    i havent gained much at all! im due in 6 days and im only 131 pounds =P

perfectly normal!!

just because your not gaining weight, doesnt mean your baby isnt gaining weight..you could technically lose weight but your baby and insides can gain the weight causing you to stay the same weight as a balance :D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I didn't really gain weight until my 5th month...your doctor should tell you if there is anything to worry about. Trust me enjoy not gaining while you can b/c soon you'll wonder where all the weight is coming from. The good thing about not gaing more than you should is that it makes it easier to loose afterwards!! Talk to your doctor though if you are really concerned.
    BFickenscher

Answer by BFickenscher at 1:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I gained nothing for whole pregnancy, in fact i ended up loosing 32 pounds by the end of it. My baby was 8.13 at birth. Your body isn't eating for 2 but around 5 months or so you may pick up on the weight gain. If your doctor isn't concerned and your not under weight or loosing a ton then your fine.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am 27 weeks pregnant and still -2 pounds, well the first 4 months I lost 7 pounds, at 20 weeks I had put on 3 of the 7 I lost, at 24 weeks I put on another 2 pounds of the 7 I lost. my doc said the baby is healthy and I am growing normal. Everyone is different. I am not a petite girl at all, I gained 35 pounds with my first and only 15 with my second and no weight at all with this one.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• be happy you havent gained weight YET but if your at 6 or 7 months and havent gained any GO TO THE DOCTOR! once i hit my 4 th month the cravings just got outta hand and i gained like 5 lbs...so be happy and dont worry too much
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Nope. You're doing fine.

You'll probably start to show around 6 or 7 months. But I've seen some women who didn't show with their first until almost right before they were ready to pop!
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009