Would you divorce your husband of 5yrs if he punched your guys child?

he has always had a temper but he has never hit me or our children before this...should I put him in angermanagment or start saving to leave? He didn't hurt our son but that is not the point. He needs to learn to control his anger before he gets to that point

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• WHAT?
    Anonymous

• Okay, I am assuming you mean he punched your son? That is not appropriate in any way, shape or form. This alone could result in his arrest. I would have called the cops if I were you.
    Anonymous

• I would tell him he needs anger management and parenting classes or your leaving. In fact I would tell him until its completed he needs to leave. If he says no then kick him to the curb and get a protection order on him. Is this his biological child? Why is he punching him? That is abuse and should be reported to cps. So I would give him the ultimatum of anger management and parenting classes or he can leave.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• He is my husband and my son's father

thought i would clear that up
    Anonymous

• Do you want to take the chance of losing your son or other children? He needs to seek professional help now, and follow through. Once the hitting begins it rarely ends. Should you son tell a teacher or other person who knows the interventions of child protective services, you could lose everyone.  He needs help, and your son probably needs some form of counselling too.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• where could i find a place for him to take anger management?
    Anonymous

• He punched a boy under 5 years old?? Most importantly, what are you teaching your son if you do not do anything about this? That his mother doesn't protect him or care enough about him to do anything and he is not important enough and DH's behavior was ok. Your son will grow up to beat his wife and kids for sure too. I would tell your DH to leave and after anger management and therapy and real change then he can come back. He PUNCHED your son! Again, I assume this boy is under 5 since you've been marred 5 years, if he was 18 its a different story....so if you could clarify...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• YOU shouldn't be finding the anger management, he should! If he wants help he needs to do this on his own without you pushing him along. Get him out of the house and let him fix HIS problem while you take care of your son.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• my son is 7yrs old. we had him before we married but we planned on getting married before we found out i was pregnant
    Anonymous

• It will only get worse, I think you need to leave, what happens when your son is a pain in the ass teen?

Not ok!
    Anonymous