Anyone know how to unclog a seriously clogged drain?

Besides calling a plumber (no $$$ for that right now) or Drano (already tried that and it didn't work)?

I have been trying to get this thing unclogged all day! My arms are burning from the stupid plunger which is doing nothing but wearing me out.

I am stuck without a kitchen sink, bathroom sink and bathtub/shower at the moment. HELP! Please!

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 1:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Keeping your drains cleared is easy. Put baking soda in the drain, it will just sit there in a clump wich is OK. Add alittle cream of tarted on top. Then get white vinegar and pour it on. It will foam and bubble and it is suppsed to. Then after about 5 minutes run the hot water for about 3-5 minutes. If you do this every month it should help with drain problems. ALso NEVER, NEVER, put hamburger liquid down the drain. Drain as much as you can into your trash and then put the pan in the sink, put dish soap in it. Then run the hot water on it, so the dish soap and hot water break uop the remainder. That way it wont sit in your drain and cause a horrible clog. Since I have been doing these things, I have never had a kitchen sink clog. Bathroom hair and toilet are a different story. Bathroom sink and tub,m I have to clean out hair ect with skinny things like a crochet hook. Toilet, plungers work for me. Hope all helps.
    grandma_shell

Answer by grandma_shell at 7:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• wire hanger I use it like a snake then I buy the strongest liquid plumber gel and poor it in and let it sit over night then rush it with very hot water it gets me through every time good luck!!!!!
    sleepnbeauty426

Answer by sleepnbeauty426 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would be afraid it's more than a clogged drain if it's all those that are backed up? I don't have a disposal in my sink. It's backed up on me before, I used the toilet plunger to unclog, worked for me. and also in the tub, mu dh went under the house and took apart the plumbing and cleaned it out that way. I hope you get that fixed

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Drano and let it sit. Turn of the water supply and and undo the drain and get whatever is blocking it out. Us a plunger. You have to let the Drano sit for a time period. I would take the drain apart and get whatever it is out. If you have hair stuck in the tub drain then use a screw driver or tweezer to pull out the clog.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• They are all on the same drain line. Gotta love older houses. The clog is in the line past the bathtub (which is the last in line). The kitchen sink is on the other end of the drain line, with the bathroom sink in the middle.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The clog is down the line past the bathtub and I can't reach it. I need to get one of those snake things.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Hi, i had a house one time that the sink drain was so stopped up once it was filled up it would literally take 2 days for it to drain. Drano and liquid plumber did not work. I finaklly poured a whole bottle of bleach down it. And it worked. Probably didn't need to use that much, but hey it did then job. I have no idea what was clogging it and i don't care since it worked. It is worth a try.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone! Still working on it now but needed to take a break. I'm pretty much trying everything right now.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• We got it cleared! Thanks for your help everyone!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 4:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I wish I knew also. Our shower keeps clogging. I hate the mess it is leaving in the shower stall. Have used liquid plumber, but that is not helping at all.
    LaNette000

Answer by LaNette000 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009