how do you measure a sippy cup?

i'm a newbie so sorry if you consider this a stupid question lol. how do you measure what to put in a sippy cup? I mean especially when weaning off the bottle? do you measure with the bottle then pour it in the sippy? do you just guess? I've attempted marking a cup with a marker but it faded away fast. and my aunt had a sippy with measurements on it but I cant find those anywhere! TIA!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Measuring cup.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You should start by putting juice or water in the cup and not formula. You don't want to wean off the bottle only to put it in a cup. The point of weaning is to get rid of the formula. But yes you can measure it in the bottle then put it in the cup.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• well right now i'm doing half and half just to get rid of the formula since I have a lot left and I'd hate to waste it. and I do also offer diluted juice in the cup. I've never put only fomula or only breastmilk in the sippy! in fact, my son seems to only have interest in cups now! with the bottle he carries it around more than drinks out of it. when using a sippy he drinks out of it more
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You can put formula in a sippy cup! There is absolutely no reason why you can't put formula or breastmilk in a sippy cup!

The point of weaning off the bottle is to get rid of the bottle. The point of weaning off formula is to get rid of formula. Two totally different things!! If you're getting rid of the bottle, get rid of it. As mentioned before, use a measuring cup.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, i would use a measuring cup or measure it out in the bottle then dump it into the sippy. I think I saw some premeasued cups at Walmart.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If you aren't making formula, I wouldn't be too concerned. It's not as important to measure ounces at this age. Focus on the quality of food, not the amount.

I do have a sippy with measurements on it but can't recall the brand.
    Anonymous

• at first i made the formula in a bottle with the measurements on it and poured it in the cups. i just paid attention and memorized how far up the formula goes in each cup i have...i know, a little rain mannish, but it works. for example, in one cup it goes up to the bottom of the picture frame...in another to the top of the blue car. for cups with no pictures, it's like to the bottom of the curve in the cup or something. just pay attention and you'll remember where to pour it to.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009