breast milk supply increase. anyone?

shiva777

Asked by shiva777 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to your doctor about medication to help they also say drinking a beer a day will help because of the yeast. Try pumping as well to increase and nurse more often even if to only pacify your baby.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would join one of the breastfeeding groups on here and talk to them about it.
    rena_goldmoon

Answer by rena_goldmoon at 1:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• lots of pumping/manual expressing, oatmeal cookies or cereal are some things that help.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There are lots of little tips and tricks, but it's important that we know why you think you have a low supply to help us get to the point where we can help you. (IDK if that made sense, i'm sick)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Bottom line is that you need to nurse more to make more. Why do you think your supply is low? La Leche League has some good info on figuring out IF your supply is really low, and what to do to increase it at http://www.llli.org/FAQ/increase.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Is your supply really low? Baby should have 6-8 wet diapers a day. This is the ONLY way to know if they are getting enough. If it is, the most important thing is to put the baby to breast as often and long as possible. You can take fenugreek and drink Mother's Milk Tea. They both work wonderfully. If there is a medical issue, you can get a prescription from your doctor to up supply.
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 1:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree with ArmyMom2oneboy. The lactation consultant I talked to recommended Fenugreek and Mother's Milk Tea. I preferred taking Mother's Milk Tea. For me, it was easier to swallow the tea than to swallow the horse pills of Fenugreek. The both helped me. Nursing more will help increase the amount of milk that your body produces. There are some things to consider. If you are on birth control, verify with your doctor that they are for nursing moms. If they aren't, they will dry you up. Another thing to consider is the amount of food and drink you are taking in daily. Your body feeds the baby based on what food and drink you ingest.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009