How do you clean really dirty carpets? I have tried a carpet pro. but no luck any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• Is "carpet pro" a shampooer? I would call a carpet cleaning company to come clean them if they're that bad. The water they use is MUCH hotter than what you get from your tap and it always seems like they get everything out.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't know what carpet pro is either, but I was also going to suggest having professionals come in. They move the furniture and likely will put protective cups under the legs of the furniture, and they'll get it really clean. Then next time you can clean it before it gets too bad.

Answer by Bmat at 3:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Call a professional. My parents did this when their basement flooded with sewer water and it was dragged through the livingroom. The pros got the carpet really clean. The carpet looked new again. If the carpet is really bad and the pros can't get it clean, you may be better getting new carpet.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Stanley Steamer- awesome. But, what I use when there is no time and I need a stain out fast- shaving cream. Especially on light carpet. Gets the stain out fast!
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 1:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2009