• In the Spotlight:

please help,im about 16 weeks pregnant and the problem is that im not excited at all about it,really i dont even care. can someone help? has anyone gone through this?

its not that i dont want to have a child with my husband because i want to have a family with him i dont know what is wrong with me,everyday i hope i wake up and have a misscarrage it makes me sick to think this way. i dont know what to do,has anyone gone through what i am going through,is it my hormones is it a mental issuse?im at such a loss i so want to be happy about this baby and im not. please can someone help.

dianeandjoseph

Asked by dianeandjoseph at 1:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why do you feel that way? Are you Scared? Or you don't think your ready? When did it start to happen
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• no i have never thought that way . not about miscarriage. i have had three and that is just aweful im sorry .
    but the not excited thing can be normal . soem women dont get excited til later or even after the baby is born . talk to your dr about depression
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I went through that. I had an IUD fail on me, a few months before dh and I both lost our moms, I found out the week that we moved 6 hours away from all our family. I didn't want to be pregnant, I hated it, I wished bad things such as miscarrying. I invited my daughter to be carried around by me, to sit on my stomache. Then at 30 weeks my water broke. I was stuck at the hospital until finally at 32 weeks they couldn't stop the contractions, and had to take her. When I saw her in the nicu, I fellt horrible, I eventually delt with my guilt and the way I felt and realized that it was ok. I was still grieving over the loss of our moms and wasn't ready to deal with the pregnancy
    Anonymous

• I wasn't excited about it because I couldn't believe it was real because it took us 7 years. It sounds like you have depression and should talk to your doctor. Wishing for a miscarriage is horrible and one day your child is going to ask you how you liked being pregnant and how you felt and are you going to tell them I wanted you to die?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• HOney I know how you feel. When i got pregnant it ws a huge surprise! I cried for 5 mths straight. I didn't wish anything bad happening but i wasn't excited or anything like that. But after i felt her move the first time then i couldnt wait! I would talk to your doctor but i think its your hormones.
    Anonymous

• I'll pray that you come through this with happiness
    Anonymous

• Two of my friends have gone through the same thing. It's called Attachment Anxiety. Both of them were much happier once the babies were born. One of them told me it just didn't feel real enough to her, even though she could feel the movement of the baby and hear the heartbeat. She just felt miserable and hated the world. But once her son was born it was like she was a completely new woman. You're still early on, though. You should just be feeling fetal movement (or flutters, at least) and if not just yet then very soon. Maybe it really hasn't hit you yet.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Well I have a 2 year old and have had 3 miscarraiges . I am now 14 weeks pregnant . I am not overly excited but happy I am just not going to get overjoyed till I am further along . I DO want this baby 100%.
    Anonymous

• im 33 years old and i never wanted to have kids till i met my husband. there is nothing more that i want then to start a family with him, but idk. like yes im worried about money and about all the bs but the bottom line is that im just not excited at all about having this child. everyone i talk to they say they were so excited and ask me how excited i am, and it makes me mad because im not. what do i say to them no i not, i dont want to be pregnant. i dont know i just hate feeling this way, i wish i could just be as excited as my husband.
    dianeandjoseph

Answer by dianeandjoseph at 1:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Im sorry to hear that u feel this way. Are u sure ur ready for a baby? I mean personally I sometimes feel that way too I was married and got a divorce and two months later I found out I was pregnant by that bastard. he really wnated to have a baby and I wanted to make him happy and give hima baby as well and we got a divorce and i come to find out i was havin his child and i just wanted to get and abortion but i didnt have the guts to do it. my sister made em realize that if i didnt wnat to have a baby by him or anyone else that i had to keep my legs close or be more careful but what has been done is done and GOD is giving u the best gift of all a life of a child, talk to someone u trust and maybe they can help u understand better but God is never wrogn and hes giving u a baby and is not the babies fault that it got produced. n ur child needs a mom and a dad
    Queen_B619

Answer by Queen_B619 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009