faith healers

Have you ever heard about how much this costs? Or have a web page I could find out? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think they are all scammers.
    Anonymous

• There are many out there, and some are quite blessed with talent, but even more are scam artists so you REALLY need to be very careful.

Are you looking for Christ-based or Pagan-based?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/faith.html

This is a great article about the scam artists found in faith healing.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I believe that this was only done back in the day. I don't believe any of it is real now. and if it is it's not from God...I am doing research on this ...Thanks

Anonymous

• From a Christian perspective.. if someone is being paid to "heal" someone... i would consider it a scam and not of God. The bible says - By His stripes (Jesus) we are healed. There are people who do have the gift of healing but it's a gift from God. Is healing for today? Yes, I think it is because I've seen it, experienced it etc.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Very good points bonn777! I agree. Jesus never charged for the healings He performed. He just did them. We have many amazing prayer warriors in our church,one of which most go to for prayers to be healed. He has an incredible gift from God. Not that HE can heal, don't get me wrong, but he has so much faith in the power of God to heal,that he can lay his hands on someone,pray over them,and as long as that person truly believes also, they do receive the healing. He never takes any credit for it. He,rightfully so, gives ALL the glory to God! If you could find someone like him, then you'd know you found someone who truly can help you achieve your healing.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It's all in the mind.
    Anonymous

• Agree Bonn and stvmen!

A man tried to buy his healing from the apostles... and was rebuked. You can read the story here.
    Acts 8
    18Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money, 19saying, "Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit." 20But Peter said to him, "May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money! 21"You have no part or portion in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. 22"Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you. 23"For I see that you are in the gall of bitterness and in the bondage of iniquity." 24But Simon answered and said, "Pray to the Lord for me yourselves, so that nothing of what you have said may come upon me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You know, I would be careful about paying anyone to pray for you. The healing of God is for free. If someone is trying to make a profit off of healing, they are sinning.

God heals
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Any "faith healer" who would charge you for their "services" is a fraud. Your OWN faith sister can heal you. You yourself can pray to God, with a repentant heart and be forgiven and then healed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009