Any ideas on a masculine varaiton of the name jane

thta is my moms middle name and if we have a boy i want to incorporate her name somehow in the middle name.. i was thinking Jay or James .. i already have her name incoroprated into the Girls name but trying to think of a boy version or a way i could make it masculine.. any ideas? or is James good?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• John is the name for Jane. You could use Jonathon. James and Jacob are related, if you like either of them. I like Jay, too.

Answer by Bmat at 1:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Jane is the feminine form of John.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yep, I just found the same thing in English speaking form Jane is feminization of John
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I like Layne :)
    kittiselly28

Answer by kittiselly28 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Ditto Jodie118, John is the masculine version of Jean.

Just wondering, though, why you wouldn't choose a male in your family to derive his heritage, legacy, name from. He's hopefully going to grow up to be a manly man and (no offense to your mom) usually connects his identity with other men as his role models. I am sure your mom is so very important in your life, as is evidenced by you incorporating her name into the girl's names, which is very natural, I think. Just wondering, no big deal. PS-I like the name James.....
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I understnad what your saying PP but there is reason i wanted to do it.. i was going to go with Paul.. my dads name i actaully am closer to my dad.. BUT we just found out my mom has cancer.. so taht why i wanted to do it...
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• after reading all the posts...How does John Paul strike you?
    Anonymous

• anon- sounds like a pope.. i was thinking Daven , Dallen or Koda
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Janon (Jay-nin)
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 5:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009