Have you ever been judged as mom because of your outward apperance?

be it clothing choice.. tats, piericngs, or any thing else that does not define you as parent, but ppl judged you any way based on just looking at you? just curiuous.. this a spin off of the tattoo ?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am sure they do but I don't care.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 1:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Oh I'm sure I have been. I'm the outcast of the family in a sense. I dropped out of college, got tattoos, was engaged to my husband 4 months after we started dating, got married and had 3 kids right away, live on the bad side of town, and homeschool. I just don't care what other's think about me. I know I'm a good person and I raise my kids the best way I know how!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Always ! I am a stay home mom so I don't own many fancy clothes so when I go shoppping I am usually in a tee shirt and jeans. I get looks all the time.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I look really young....So People tend to have an attitude w/ me, but I just kill em with kindness and prove em wrong in all their stereotypes, but also I DON"T CARE what people think...thats their problem to deal with not mine.
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 1:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am in my late 30s and at my sons school am one of the oldest moms of a 1st grader. Most of the moms are in their early 20s we have one 21 year old even. They gather together and will not speak to me. They make rude remarks about my age and what not. We are moving to a more affluent area of town and my son will be in a better school. I will be the average age for moms there and will not have to deal with the high school antics at my sons current school. The kids are not allowed to play with him because they think we are rich and stuck up. I drive a Ford Focus and shop at Target but whatever.lol
    Anonymous

• i am positive my daughter said so.(you dont look like the other moms)i live in a very competitive town (not wealthy)moms always dressed.i am not good at dressing myself i know i need work on my teeth but im scared to deathi would rather give child birth.i am a little over weight and these moms work out everyday.i have a membership but it just doesnt seem to work.i rarely wear make up cause my allergies are so bad that i usually look like alice cooper at the end of the day.i try really .but oh well i am who i am...im friendly though
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Uh, yeah.... my BFF pinched the crap out of me in Bible class ( of all places! ) one time, because the lady sitting next to me thumbed her nose at me because she asked where I got my nail color from.... when I said Walgreens she scowled and said "ohhhh" I bout tore her a new one right there.

Here' s my philosophy... If 1 person has a problem with me then I look at them and ask "what's wrong with you".. If 5 people have the same problem with me THEN it's time to look at myself as ask "what's wrong with me" ..... until then, to hell with what other people think..... Hell we were at the tattoo shop with my son when he got his tat and another woman in there walked up and asked "you don't mind that he's doing THAT".... I said "Lady, it's his 18th birthday and I'm buying the tattoo for him.... when he's done I'M Getting one!".... she just walked away.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yep I think all woman do, and its usually by other women. I at times find myself judging those who can't be bothered getting dressed in the morning and leaving the house in there pjs, really what example is that teaching your kids? But I get judge too because I do my hair and make before I leave the house unless im going to the gym. I get looks from women at the commisary all the time and over here comments "who does she think she is?" "where does she think she's going" I just block them out most the time, if i had a bad day and I over here I will say something to them, usually something like just because you're to fat and lazy to get dressed don't judge me because i look presentable.....
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't care what people think, and am sure people talk about me they say I look young, yeah sure I do. I feel age creeping up on me.
    Anonymous

• I am sure I have, but its not because I look bad. Its likely because its quite affluent around here. I drive a nice car and wear nice clothes and so do my kids. I am sure people will think that I think I am better than everyone else and I don't think that at all. I just like nice things.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009