mother-inlaws;grandmother-inlaws;and just evil as sin family!

ok my husband has two moms a step-mom and a real mom (like many ppl) well i love his step mom like she was my own.....but his real mom and her mom (his gma) JUST PISS ME OFF SOMETIMES! like when we talked about breastfeeding his moms reply was...oh you'll never make it.its a pain and youll give up! or when i said i was gonna get an epidural..her response; oh well i have more respect for women that give birth naturally, but i would never do it! and the big one that caused me to stop going to her house...I'M NOT HAPPY THE BABY'S COMING BUT I GUESS ILL LOVE IT ANYWAY! .....well not only do i have to deal with her but his gma...like when we told everyone we we'rent goin to try to get stationed at an out of states place because it would be too stressful for me or the baby...her answer;well i guess your just not a strong enough woman then! does anyone else want to punch their inlaws or family sometimes?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes
    Anonymous

• is this all you do is complain about your husbands family? first upset because they cant afford new things and now this .
    Anonymous

• Having family near to help is SO important. I learned the hard way what it's like not to have them near and able to sleep at their own house every night!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well I would just have to speak my mind to this woman and then leave.
    Anonymous

• My husbands mother told me I don't care your having a baby because I don't want to raise and support another one. Mark (his older brother) has already given me 3 beautiful grandkids and more than likely its not even Brians (my husband). She has never seen my child and has no clue if we had a boy or girl. She told my husband also that she wished I never got pregnant and I was trapping him and if he left me and took the baby then she would love it but until then wanted nothing to do with it. So we don't talk to her. This all happened 3 years after we first began ignoring her and we tried to make it right for the sake of our daughter and that was her response. So now our daughter is 7 months and has no clue she has grandparents on his side and I don't include them on the family tree for his side of the family in her baby book either.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• okay the yep that situation sucks. As for the epi you should look into hypnobabies for pain managment instead. I did it and it was awesome!!!!! As for breastfeeding it was hard for about a week and then smooth sailing. I highly recomend going to the store and picking out the breastffeding book that connects w/ you and buy it. A great website for all questions about breastfeeding is kellymom.com. And get yourself to some LLL meetings if you can before baby gets here, I think it would make things go even better
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• yep
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The only thing I have an issue with is where you're stationed. If you're military, you go where you're told by the military. It's part of the job. Stress is part of the job. You do what you have to do and you do it to the best of your ability.

Breastfeeding is hard and takes dedication. You can do it...but you can also deal with being stationed out of the states too.

Getting an epidural, well I can only say I had three. I do have high respect for those women who can do without pain meds. I couldn't do it, either.

Anonymous

• Since when is it easier to get up at 3 am, hear the baby starting to fuss and have to go al the way into the kitchen, get a bottle measure formula, turn on bright lights and finally get to the baby whoi is by this time crying, when you cn just get baby andf lay down with her to nurse, neighter of you have to wake up fully. Adn it is so much healthier. Formula is fine and babies are raised helthy on it, but I was honestly to dang lazy to deal with bottles and I hate dishes so washing bottles did not sound good to me. It is hard for about a week or 2 but in the long run so much easier!

For the rest of it, it sounds like she has trouble not being in control and is being bitter about it. My mil started with me in the delivery room that I should have known it was gonna hurt and I didnt need to hold my husbands hand during every contraction, this after he was ignoring her to pay attention to me. She was asked to leave.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• sure do all the time. my fieance`s mom. she is omg. complains about everything but i keep my mouth shut because it is his mom and if i start with her about it it will add more stress on me and the baby which i have enough of. but yes. i do. alot! unfortuantly there is really nothing we can do. you have to just try to blow it off. the best you can.
    teenmommytobe16

Answer by teenmommytobe16 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009