Don't know what to do!!!!

Me and my guy haven't had alone time in over a month, My son is with my mom today who is one her way to drop him off at my work. I need some alone time with my guy and I have no baby sitter, I can't afford day care so my grandma who is 73 and my mom watch him while I work part time, my mom doesn't want to watch him, I don't want to burdon my grandma because she watches him so much anyway, I seriously need a date night with my guy and don't know what to do. HElP!!

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 1:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Wait until the baby is asleep. Make some popcorn and watch a movie. Or push the baby in a stroller and stroll along with your boyfriend and talk.

Answer by Bmat at 1:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Parenting is hard huh? Hopefully "your guy" will understand that. Have alone time with "your guy" after your son is sleeping. Welcome to the real world.
    Anonymous

• That's a tough one.... Sometimes it just don't work out for ya.... but you can try to get creative.... like sacraficing one morning, get up extra early and make you guys breakfast in bed so you can have some good quality time before the day starts.... you can also do the same at night after the baby is asleep.... I know,k sacrifice, compromise, bend..... it seems we do it our whole lives when balancing DH, Baby and work. Good luck girl. If I lived nearby, I'd watch the baby for a little while, but sorry.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• im in kind of the same situation, but my family wants to help when its convinent for them. its really hard, but im thankful that i have a guy who likes being around my son and i. my son is only 2 months old, so when he sleeps we get to have our time. movie night is your best bet to some time with your guy.
    Anonymous

• Um, Anon 1:53, what's with the nasty attitude and the quotations? So because she's a mom, she should never get any time to herself? I believe she was asking for some friendly advice and some helpful suggestions, not a reprimand from you. I guess some people can make a bash out of anything....
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Anon 1:53 didn't need to be so rude in her answer, but that's my opinion. Sheesh!

It is tough finding time together, but the walking and movie suggestion are great ones. When your kid(s) in bed, do something fun - play a game or something. I highly recommend Scattergories!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree with several other ones about spending time after the baby is asleep. What about friends. You don't have any firends who would watch them for 2 or 3 hours just for yall to go eat or something by yourself? I mean I don't really have this problem b/c thank goodness for friends and family I have people who will watch them most of the time. But our problem is we don't get any time together without kids activities going on or one of us at work but I would say try to spend time together when the child is asleep and talk to some friends and see if they would be willing to lend a helping hand. Just remember do it in return.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 2:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Our kids have early bedtimes. They are in bed most nights by 7:30pm, that gives my husband and I time to spend alone.

Some nights, we will feed the kids and put them to bed, and then after they are in bed, we have our own candlelit romantic dinner. Or we watch a movie, etc.

Once every few months, we get a babysitter and do something alone. We have switched sitting nights with friends with kids so we don't have to pay a babysitter. We watch their kids so they can have time alone and then they watch ours so we can have time alone.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2009