Help breaking the bottle!

I have a 22 month that will not go to sleep without a bottle, the doctor has said it is not good for him and should get it away. What is some easy tips to help the process

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Be consistant, take it away get rid of all evidence in the house. It will be a very hard 2-3 days, but will be over quickly and will be so worth it in the end.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Get rid of them all!! It will be a rough couple days but it will be okay. Maybe go buy a new cool big boy cup.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. Great book.
    Anonymous

• Take it away and be done with it. There will be a couple of rough nights but then it's done.
    Anonymous

• The Elizabeth Pantly book is a great suggestion. I used it with my son and he's a great sleeper. If he (or you) can't go cold turkey on the bottle, you might try putting less milk (assuming that's what's currently in it) or water into it instead. If the bottle is less interesting, he won't want it as much. Then you can focus on other ways to get him to sleep. I also strongly agree with putting the bottles out of sight. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• If it's just water, it's not bad for him. I'd try slowly puting less and less in it or just take it away. If you take it away, try planting a "bottle tree" (put one in a hole in the ground and that night, plant a tree or bush in that hole) or have the "bottle fairy" come and take them to a new baby.

If it's milk, switch it to water and maybe he'll drop it on his own.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i never had this problem with my girl she was off the bottle at 13months and on sippy cups i just gave her a sippy cup that i knew she liked for the whole day and when nite came i gave her the same cup with milk in it and told her shes a big girl she has to drink out of that that the bottlees went byebye and she took to it fine ... try it that way if he gets thirsty he'll drink out of the sippy cup hes not gonna go witout drinking just cuz he dont have that bottle hes old enough that its gonna start to mess his teeth up if hes not off them soon
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009