Do you think you shrink when you get older?

I swear i am shrinking i was a lil taller then my hubby now he is taller then me... do you think you are shrinking too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mum did lol, well actually she was 4'11 in highschool then she up to 5'1 and is now 4'10 lol
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 2:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• People tend to shrink as the cartilage in the spine gets worn away or if the bones in the spine get osteoporosis.  It would be a good idea to get checked out by a doctor. If you are developing brittle bones, (osteoporosis,) it would be a very good idea to work on fixing that. There are meds you can take, you can increase your calcium intake and more weight bearing exercise.  Don't let it get severe and suffer broken bones, there's a lot that can be done for it.  At one point I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. With fosamax, calcium supplements, and lots of exercise, I am now no longer even in danger of brittle bones, and my height has remained the same.

Answer by Bmat at 2:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think i did i was 6 ft now i am 5'6 mmm i guess you can tell i didn't drink milk when i got older lol
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 2:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My mom has but she has osteoporosis, and she's 71!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 2:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009