Does your hubby help with the housework?

I sometimes think that I am doing all the housework. Vacuum, the dishes, laundry, mowing that lawn. And my husband doesn't do anything but sleep, sit on his ass and play ever-crack! Do you have this problem?

I've about had it damn it!

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes and so I stopped washing his clothes and cleaning his bathroom or doing his dishes. I let them pile up and did only what I dirtied. It only took about 2 weeks for him to see I had it with him not helping. Now he does dishes after dinner and on Sunday he does the laundry and cleans the upstairs while I clean the downstairs. I only cleaned what I used or my daughter used and vacuumed so she wouldn't be eating things off the floor but I ignored any and all of his things.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Ugh, I feel your pain right now! I am trying to get eh house cleaned and packed because we are moving and all he does is crew u what I just cleaned or packed,. I am about to throw him out of the house so I can get stuff done. If he isn't going to help, the least he could do is not undo the good I have done!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I can't get my husband to do anything unless I remind him seven or eight times. And we don't have a washer and dryer so I'm constantly going to the laundry mat every week. And then when I get home I gotta clean the house too because his ass is still sleeping and can't even get up to clean the fucking house! Grrrrr! Men are so lazy sometimes.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• No! he does not help me with the housework.I pretty much think I can handle it on my own.It is not that hard.I clean a certain way and I would hate for him to go and not clean it right .I have my routine I wake up take my daughter to school ,make breafast,clean the whole kitchen and bathrooms ,sweep,mop,and do laundry.When I do errands though he does it or goes with me.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 2:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• no he has a servent do that it's called a wife
    Anonymous

• "Evercrack" I like that LOL

My husband will help out, but only if I specifically ask and tell him what to do. He works nights, so he ends up being home all by himself for hours before going to bed and he knows he has no excuse at all for not helping out.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Sometimes. He'll do dishes about once a week if I bug him enough. But I do everything else. It gets on my nerves, but it isn't too bad. My ex was the messiest, laziest, smelliest, unemployed, sorry excuse of a father ever. He literally did nothing but play computer games. I left his useless ass. If it's so bad, talk about it. If all he wants to do is argue and try to defend his laziness, then he deserves an ass kicking.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There are certain things my husband will do. I am really anal about how things are done so poor guy is afraid I will get mad if he does something wrong. When I was pregnant and hormonal, I got upset because he folded something incorrectly. I scared him I guess. He does do a lot but for the most part, he takes care of the outside things like maintaining the yard, taking our vehicles to get maintenance work on them, etc. I do most of the inside stuff. He always puts his dishes in the dishwasher when he is done with them and if the dishwasher is finished and I am not able to unload them, he will do it. To us. it's about balancing things out. Maybe he doesn't know how to do things the way you do them and he needs some guidance.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My husband does not help with the housework. He doesn't know how to load the dishwasher, and he doesn't know how to use the washer and dryer. I don't expect him to do any of those things and never did. He does get up every morning and is at work by seven and usually gets home in the evenings around six or so. That's his part. The housework is mine. He will do things for me if I need him to help me but that is very seldom. My husband is not lazy, so I don't consider it to be a problem that he doesn't do housework after he gets home. His job is pretty stressful, and I figure I owe him a clean orderly home to which he can come home to rest. This idea of husbands doing housework is a relatively new concept and it doesn't seem to be catching on too well with the husbands. I'm not sure where the idea originated. It's not how my mom raised me. She took care of the house and my daddy, and that's what she taught me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I will add that my husband and I both work full-time. But if I stayed at home, I would still expect him to do his part like putting his clothes in the dirty clothes hamper or putting his dirty dish in the dishwasher after he was finished eating. I am not his mother.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009